Sven's Insights [Thoughts/ Ideas] Oct 28, 2012 1:07:02 GMT -5
Post by sven on Oct 28, 2012 1:07:02 GMT -5
Ranger/ Scout - Search or discover new towns
+ Open up vast resources
Stock/ Supplier - Depositing gridshards on new towns or resources sockets to expand.
+ Increase Resonater Buffs along with level closer for Research
+ XP Unlockables/ Victory Points
Farmer/ Grinder - Gathers gridshard or lens from eradicating foes to improve towns when storing.
+ Collecting mininum Gridshards, Prisms, and Crystal Splinters
+ Lens Bonus
+ Extractors & Lab
+ Research Level
These roles can be interchangeable suitable for any player's style of gameplay which I find quite revolutionary regardless of shifting between tanks in towns.
Great mobility, specialize variety styles, and equipped with excellent durable shields. Suitable for any roles especially exploring.
Deals high damage to enemies and specialized unique weaponry that can spread enough firepower. Brilliant choice of selection for farming.
* "Single battlefront -- the enemies control the whole world, except for a tiny sector in which the players spawn. The players fight side-by-side to expand their zone of control and force back the enemies' lines. Over time, the players cement their control by building structures."
- Hmm, from my experience enemies don't have any particular control over anything but being an obstacle to obtain necessity along with a small territory when not defeated. If they truly have control over the whole world then towns (except Origin) would've been disabled from capture. Having the town socket null from deposits.
- When towns are discovered with an announcement, there should be a green icon instead of the blue. The green would represent insecurity while blue marks secure from the surroundings. Where as the users should seize the town by eliminating the enemy forces around the parameters instead of dropping gridshard in the middle of confrontation thus claiming territory. While this concept sounds like an added chore than claim what's right for free will, isn't it normal for opposing forces to retaliate back at the rebellion who has the best shield will succeed depositing gridshards.
- With local buffs effect, zone expansion does push enemies back to their position. Also the effect of squeezing main town resources as it can provide in order to progress through the game. Exploration can be mandatory in this case while overdoing it is not. I think the completion could be done by 10-15 town discoveries while meeting up with research requirements.
* "No level-appropriate zones -- there are no zones, just a single world which players fight to expand. Newbies and veterans must fight shoulder-to-shoulder."
- Ring true, anything can be done possible as long users work together. Much like cooperative leveling since players do share the same motive of overcoming obstacle to achieve victory.
* "Limited combat-power awards -- because both low and high level players fight in the same areas, the rewards for leveling up must not affect combat too much. We can give class unlocks, badges, decoratives, storage space and other things, but we can't buff combat power by the typical 10%-50% per level."
- Counting towards beneficial game experience towards success along re-playability for unlockables. Selecting a tanks is merely a challenge for mastering comfortable experience. Each new class release is a delightful joy to tank customization upon it's selection. Some can be a hybrid or innovative, making surprises friendly.
* "Co-op world building -- the players work together to build structures, and therefore griefers (and clueless newbies) must not be able ruin others' work."
- Co-operation and Communication is key! Those who chose to be imbecile will only ruin for themselves thus cannot ruin for others. Except that text spam is possible if there isn't a ignore feature implemented along with a so called god-mode exploit by manipulating fps to lowest point in the depths of the wilderness, instant death teleport.
- Damages that's dealt to tanks and enemies should be shown visually for progress indication. Details like seeing scratches of scraps on weaken armor at least signs of deformity.
- Regeneration effect on tanks would be cool as it takes damages, it can mend itself for overtime with refreshing.
- Emit Fire Particles, variation of projecting effects. (Like the bolt of the Hurricane) I imagine there can be vapor or bright dust upon firing.
- Music/ SFX
- Blended themes, nice transition without switching track or hearing sour notes.
- Calm town music for depositing gridshards at ease. Activate track after first level reached on discovered town.
- Distinctive Tank Sounds, not all weapon share the same brand of pew pew. It could build own persona like no other.
- Rare variant enemies, where an oddly colored/ shape enemy appears to powerful than average and loot would be greater than the usual.
- Driveover pane shown trial tracks, improves exploration by having users know where they last left off. "T" for toggle trial/ tracks.
- Okay crazy inspiration, how about having a close range attacks such as ramming into enemies for addition damage. It can be based of amount of speed gain cause collision with the impact of the tank's force maybe the ones that are built large should be capable of this.
I really enjoy how the project did stride away from it's previous predecessor therefore making it a refreshing experience. I once heard from the user long ago ,wicked, he describes the game-play "one of a kind" in a good way. Which is true! Even though he admit the product isn't finish yet when he comes to realization, there could've been more to it... Yet the content continues to expands per each update!
Well, thank you for reading!
As of Build 25